top of page

Scheduling a Case

Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions about how to set a case at JdR. These are general guidelines. Keep in mind that your case may involve particular circumstances that will require special handling. 

How do I schedule a mediation on JdR's calendar?

To schedule a mediation, please contact Nona Farley at 206-442-1691 or She will provide availability of Panelist(s) and coordinate available dates. Please remember that availability can change quickly. When a case is put on HOLD, the parties have three business days to confirm or release the date. If the date you have put on HOLD is requested by other parties who are able to confirm, JdR staff will contact you to advance your confirmation deadline. Before a case can move from a HOLD status to a SET status, we need to confirm with all involved parties that: 

  • They agree to mediate

  • They agree on a particular Panelist

  • They agree on a fee split

  • All necessary Participants are available to attend on the selected day and time

  • Name(s) of attendee(s)

How do I schedule an arbitration on JdR's calendar?

Scheduling an arbitration begins with an agreement, contract, or order to arbitrate. If you have a written agreement, please contact our Case Administrators at or the main line at 206-223-1669. To schedule an arbitration, please contact our Case Administrators. See our Arbitration Rules for further information.

The parties can't agree on a date - What do we do? 

The Panelists are available for conference calls to help the parties resolve issues that stand in the way of getting cases set on the calendar. 

Is there a minimum hearing time?

Typically, cases are set on the calendar for a full day (eight hours plus an estimated hour and a half of preparation time) or a half day (four hours plus estimated one hour of preparation time). Different time lengths may be administered at the Panelist's discretion. 

What happens after we set our case on the calendar? 

After scheduling your case on the calendar, JdR will provide a packet containing a confirmation letter, an invoice (if applicable), information on how to submit written materials, and a copy of our Fee Schedule. 

What happens if we need to cancel, reschedule or change the length of my hearing?

If you need to cancel, reschedule, or make changes to your case for any reason, please contact the JdR Scheduling Coordinator as early as possible. If you cancel or reschedule after the cancellation deadline and we are unable to fill the lost time with another matter, the fees will remain due. Please contact JdR staff for current rates and more information regarding due dates.

When are the fees due?

Fees are due in advance of the hearing. Please review the Fee Schedule for information regarding due dates. Failure to pay by the due date may result in the removal of the case from our calendar. 

If you wish to use JdR's services and have an attorney, please contact your attorney to start the process. 

I am a Plaintiff or a Defendant in a case - Should I contact JdR directly? 

bottom of page